BY REBECCA BENNETT — Updated August 18, 2014 at 11:26am. An attic fire that started around 6:00pm brought in fire departments from Hyattsville, Cottage City, College Park, and Prince George’s County.

All residents made it out safe. Accordinging to the homeowner, the cause was accidental and was not the result of the solar panels.

The fire was contained at our check at 6:45pm.

In an update from the Hyattsville Volunteer Fire Department:

Engine 1 arrived on the scene with smoke pushing from the eaves and second story windows. The crew quickly advanced the crosslay into the finished attic and attacked the room and contents fire. Units from surrounding companies arriving quickly and pulled additional lines, conducted searches and controlled utilities. The first-in truck companies also did an exceptional job throwing ladders to windows on all sides of the home.