March 6: What’s open and what’s closed around Hyattsville, Friday edition
BY REBECCA BENNETT — Updated at 9:27 a.m. The early March stormed that delivered as forecasters predicted dumped 5.3 inches on Hyattsville on Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Crews from the State of Maryland, Prince George’s County and the City of Hyattsville were out clearing the roads during and after the storm.
There were many closings and cancellations yesterday. We’re keeping a running list of updates as they come in, so check back throughout the day. Here is a list of what is closed, canceled and open today:
- Prince George’s County Public Schools
- Toddler Time at Art Works
- MARC Camden and Brunswick Lines
- Prince George’s County circuit and district courts
- Hyattsville Branch Library, and all libraries in the county system
- The federal government is on a two hour delay
- Maryland-National Capital Parks and Recreation facilities will open at 10 a.m.
- MARC Penn Line operating on an “S” schedule
- Update: Metrobus service to be restored at 10:30 a.m. to all routes
- The Bus is operating on major roadways only.
- The University of Maryland opens at 12 p.m.; Shuttle-UM service begins at 10 a.m.
- City of Hyattsville offices open at 10:30 a.m.
- Prince George’s County government offices open at 10 a.m.
- Community Forklift opens at noon.