BY KRISSI HUMBARD — FOX 5’s “Zip Trip” segment, which highlights some of the best spots to visit around DC, is coming to Hyattsville!
Join FOX 5 “Good Day DC” Anchors Maureen Umeh, Allison Seymour and Tucker Barnes on Friday, Aug. 12 at 5151 Baltimore Avenue from 7-11 a.m. Their set will be on Jefferson Street, east of Baltimore Avenue/Route 1, outside of the Spice 6 restaurant. That block of Jefferson will be closed the entire morning, and parking there will be prohibited.
The segment will showcase some of the great things about the city. All are welcome to stop by and see the action!
The schedule for the morning’s events:
- At 7 a.m., the anchors will greet the audience before being joined by the Pyramid Atlantic Art Center for an interview and art demonstration by David Miller.
- At 7:30 a.m., the Hyattsville City Police Department will join Allison and Maureen on the main set before the anchors participate in a breakfast pizza demonstration with Ruth Gresser from Pizzeria Paradiso. There will also be a pizza giveaway where the anchors will hand out slices of breakfast pizza to people in the crowd.
- At 8 a.m., Tucker will interview the DeMatha High School football players and their coach. Also in the 8 a.m. hour, Maureen and Allison will play a game of “mayor trivia” with Mayor Candace Hollingsworth.
- At 8:45 a.m., Tucker will receive a skateboard lesson from guest Chris Vigilante, owner of Vigilante Coffee.
- In the 9 a.m. hour, Tucker will host the “Fire House Friday” segment with Riverdale Fire/EMS Station 807 and Hyattsville Fire/EMS Station 801.
- At 9:45 a.m., Green Owl Design will host a fashion show on the main set with owners Erica Riggio and Angela Justice.
- At 10 a.m., Allison will be joined by the show’s “Hometown Hero,” Gloria Felix-Thompson, who has been instrumental in the community since the 1970s. Felix-Thompson is also the president of the Hyattsville Preservation Association.
- At 10:30 a.m., musician CaSh Jane will perform.
- Just before 11 a.m., the anchors will get a “Taste of Hyattsville” where they will sample food from Shagga Coffee & Restaurant, Spice 6 and Chez Dior.
Viewers will also be able to sign up for the chance to win a Mazda.